The purpose of LQG is:
- to impart knowledge of the art and craftsmanship associated with quilting and patchwork;
- to further interest and encourage men and women in the performance of these arts;to exhibit fine examples of quilts and patchwork in appropriate public exhibitions held from time to time;
- to educate, learn, preserve and pass along whatever information exists about quilts and patchwork of past and present;
- to afford an opportunity to the general public to appreciate quilting and allied arts; and
- to exchange knowledge and information in these arts among members of the Guild.