Welcome Guild Members!
We’re happy to celebrate our 45th Anniversary of the Lincoln Quilters Guild this year. Here are a few announcements to get us started.MARCH PROGRAM - March 12
Allie Aller: “Stained Glass Quilts Reimagined”.Learn More >MARCH WORKSHOP - March 13
“Gothic Spring: Combining a Classic Block with a “Stained Glass Appliqué”Learn More >
Since this is the first class of the year, enrollment is low. If you want to enroll contact either Kathy Banksund at 402-416-0135 or Kathie Baumbach at 402-488-2721.Committee Volunteers
– The board is still seeking to fill some committee slots for this year. Written descriptions are available. Your input and expertise are valuable to the organization, and will be sincerely appreciated. Committees: Awards
– 2 positions, Finance
– 2-3 positions, Nominating
- 2 positions. Please call Pat Kant, 402-540-7855 or talk to me at the March meeting.The Isles Sale
(in Havelock) has been set for Sunday, March 25, 2018 from 10:00 am – 4:00 pm. Fabric donations only. Please measure and mark each piece with a label or tag. Donations can be brought to the March 12 regular guild meeting. Alternate fabric drop off site Saturday 3/24/2018 from 9 am – 2 pm. Pat Kant’s garage, 2439 N.74th Street. If you have questions call 402-540-7855.Seeking Volunteers
- National Quilting Day co-sponsored by the Lincoln Quilters Guild is March 17, 2018 at the International Quilt Study Center. We need at least 100 volunteers to make this event a success. We’re off to a good start, but could still use many more. Please contact Sheila Green at
402-440-3127 or email at email@example.com Anniversary Celebration/Silent Auction
, May 14 guild meeting. Donations of select/quality items that appeal to LQG members are appreciated. Drop off your pieces at the March 12 and April 9 guild meetings.June meeting date change.
Just a reminder, the June guild meeting is the third Monday, June 18, not the second, due to room availability at the church.New Members Group
- New members are considered to be anyone who has joined the Guild within the last three years. The New Member group meets the Wednesday following the Monday night Guild meeting. This year they will be meeting in the craft room at Michael’s at 400 N 48th Street. They will start at 7:00 but you are welcome to arrive by 6:30 to visit a bit and to eat your carry-in dinner if you so choose. Questions call Kathy Junker 402-261-5749 or Linda Gale 402-326-9595.Sew-ciables Small Group
- (formerly the Ladies of the Lodge) have moved to a new location. The Sew-ciables meet the 3rd Wednesday of the month at 1:00 pm at Carriage Glen, 7005 Shamrock Road. For more information, contact Nancy Simmons at 402-423-4947.
I don’t know about you, but I’m ready for spring!! Looking forward to seeing you at the March guild meeting. Please remember your name tag so we can get to know each other better!